Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ugh...

Well this is how my last couple of weeks have gone...


Last week around Tuesday or Wednesday I had a dull pain on my left side, around my abdomen. I didn't really think about it too much until Thursday came around and it was hurting pretty bad. I was so scared it was a kidney stone but my back wasn't hurting and the pain wasn't the same. So I went to the urgent care (or as my mom calls them - the Quick Quack) and she told me that I was going through a diverticulitis attach. Well if you are not sure what this is it is....

What is diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis happens when pouches form in the wall of the colon. If these pouches get inflamed or infected, it is called diverticulitis. Diverticulitis can be very painful.

Well it is painful! So I had to deal with that. I had some antibiotics...rested and then I was fine. RIGHT?! Wrong...
I went back to work on Monday. I was fine and feeling good...so lets get on with my life. So I went to bed and around 3 AM I woke up with a bit of pain in my back. I used the restroom and came back to bed. The pain got a little worse and I started the "kidney shuffle". I could not get comfortable. Around this time Marcus had woken up to take the dog out so I told him about the pain. He asked what I wanted to do...and about 30 minutes later we were on the way to the hospital. Ugh...I hate hospitals!! 
Once we got there we got to the back pretty quickly. The drugs were kicking in!!! I got my scans and it was defiantly a kidney stone. A whopping 5!! Which basically means that is is small enough to pass but big enough for surgery. So I had to make a decision - go home and be MISERABLE for who knows how long to pass this or get the surgery and take that risk. It took awhile but I decided to get the surgery. 
So yesterday morning I woke up around 6AM to be ready for surgery. The nurse was not 100% sure what time it would be but I figured it would be in the AM to get it over and done with. I had to stop eating/drinking at 12AM to make sure I was ready. Around 8AM I was told it probably won't be until 3...well at 3, the doctor came in and told me 5PM! I was so hungry! I was telling the nurses that I would pay them $20 for a hamburger...they didn't go for it!! Well I went down right around 5. I was a bit excited because I could not wait to count down and have the best sleep ever. The nurses brought me into the room and I found out one of them lived in Boston for awhile and that she was looking for an apartment in Fairfax. I told her I was working at an apartment community and Fairfax was expensive.....AND THEN I WOKE UP. I was pissed!! All I wanted to do was count down to see how far I could get but NOOO...they had to trick me into it. Damn small talk. 
Once I got out of surgery all I wanted was to make sure Marcus was back and I wanted to see him. The nurse took me upstairs and his mom and him were waiting for me in the room. I got right up and used the bathroom and ate!! I was so hungry!! I finally left the hospital came home. It was so nice to be in my own bed. 
So that's whats been going on with me! I'm a mess! My brother told me to see about going to a dietitian and I agree. I am over all of this stupid crap. So I'm gonna see what I can do!  

1 comment:

Rich L. said...

Thanks for the shout-out!