Monday, January 2, 2012

Bad dinner...

I was so excited to make a parmesan crusted chicken. I have had the recipe for a couple of days now and it looks so good! UNFORTUNATELY it did not turn out the way that I wanted.


Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This is what it is supposed to look like...
The recipe says to water the chicken and take the cracker/cheese mix and get it coated. I did that. Then it says to put it on a pan with olive oil at medium heat. I did that. Then it says to leave the chicken on the pan without turning it for at least 5-7 minutes. I did that. Then why did all of the crackers come off? I flipped it once. Then noticed it was not 100% done so I flipped it 1 more time. Then it all fell off!! What did I do wrong? It was like plain chicken!! It was so frustrating that I stopped cooking. I didn't want anything to do with it! PLEASE - if you know what I did wrong, I want to know!! I really want to do this recipe again but if I cannot get it right, I don't want to waste food again!!

On a good note, I made a wonderful breakfast for Marcus and I today! Simple but very good. Garlic/cheese eggs, sausage, and English muffins.

Today is a very cold day but I really want to take Duncan out and walk around. I don't think we will get this "semi-nice" weather for much longer.


One more thing - a couple of prayers would be nice for my Oma. She is not doing the best right now and is saying she is very tired and ready to go. As a grand daughter - there is nothing I can really do or say to change her mind. She is 90 years old...she has lived an amazing life and has been able to share her life story to anyone that would listen. If it is her time, I hope and pray it is a quick and peaceful death.



No comments: