Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day!



February 14Th. Everyone knows it is the day you get your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, partner, or the love of your life...something special to let them know that you love them. Marcus and I do not celebrate this day. Why do you need a special day to say "I love you"? Why can't you just do it on a random Wednesday or Sunday? Don't get me wrong, I love to hear the special stories from my girl-friends about how wonderful their day is/was. It is just not for me.


Last year it was our first Valentine's Day and we both knew that we were not going to celebrate. We went to his apartment, watched movies...I ate cereal and he had chicken salad on crackers for dinner. I might not have been the "normal" V-day but it was still memorable.

Love is not money...love is thoughtfulness.

Make love spontaneous...not expected.


Anyway...Happy Valentine's Day to all.